Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Multi-tasking in chaos

My mind is an amalgam of organization and brinks of chaos. My day planner is riddled with a list of things to do. Yet other things often come up and I don't take the time to write them down. I just add them to my mental checklist. I have to incorporate them into my world and a lot of them are "time sensitive." Sometimes I start thinking of someone I need to get in touch with about something and so I follow it up. Or there's something I have to do and pursuing it takes time.

Today, in the middle of doing 4 things (organizing a plan with Nori and Chris seperately through text messages, making stuff for tomorrow's high school Christmas party, studying for my PT course and packing for the US), I thought about following up on a hotel reservation. I arrive into Chicago on December 15th and I'm so grateful that a friend booked a hotel for me. But I need to find out if there's a hotel shuttle. I know, I know. Why did I have to do it right then? I didn't. That's the thing. But I wanted to know in that moment and so it became the "tyranny of the urgent knowing".....So I logged onto skype and gave a call to the states. That's a lot of random things to be doing all at the same time. But this is how my brain works.

I get a lot of things done, which is important to my personality type....I'm proudly a Sanguine/Choleric, (fun test to take..http://www.oneishy.com/personality/personality_test.php) but sometimes the world around me looks more like a whirlwind with a destination than the calm in the storm.

still packing
figured out a plan with Chris/Nori
still preparing for Christmas Party
started a load of laundry
texting a few girls to meet this week
still studying

Am I driving anyone crazy yet?

No comments: