Monday, December 10, 2007

Rainy days are not lazy days

It's raining in Budapest and it feels as though I've been out in the rain all day. Oh yeah, maybe it's because I have been in the rain all day. I wish rainy days could always be lazy days like when it snows and there's a blizzard and all you can do is stay inside all day. Rainy days are perfect lazy days. Read a book, drink some coffee, get your favorite blanket and curl up on the couch.....ah. But unfortunately in the real world, rainy days are not lazy days.

It's 8:15 pm and I just returned from Chris and Renea's. They already left for the states but are kindly letting me store my stuff in their flat. I'm taking a few bags over every chance I get and on Thursday after staff meeting, Nori and the guys will help me take the rest of the stuff over. When I get back in January, I'll stay in Chris and Renea's flat while they are gone until I find a new flat.

My roommate, Anna, is moving to a smaller city outside of Budapest where she teaches English. It's a great move for her. She'll be closer to the school and the community of Hungarians she has come to love, but it's too far and not practical for me to move there with her. Everything I do (except for Hungarian lessons and High school club) is about 10 minutes from where we live now. I have to say that I'm going to miss the girl. She's probably one of the best roommates I've had. Quirky, funny, kick-back and just plain adorable. It's been great. I will treasure the memories with village girl.

No comments: