Sunday, December 2, 2007

thanksgiving and christmas

Abraham Lincoln once said that people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be or something like that. I agree.


I do have to say that getting a plane ticket home for the Christmas holiday is right up there on the list of delightful things. 

I'm already starting to compile a list of things I need to get while in the states. Peanut butter, tuna, starbucks, bath and body works lotion, ink cartridges, bargains at Patagonia outlet, Neil Anderson book about breaking bondages, and a ton of other books I need to dig out from underneath mom and dad's staircase.

I'm looking forward to seeing how much Savannah has grown. And the Scofield kids are always a ton of fun! And of course, every opportunity to kiss mom and dad and siblings and tell them thank you is a good thing in my book, especially as the years just keep going by.

Last night my brother Greg called me on Skype. Funny thing is we found out I have a camera! We had fun. I got to show him my apartment and introduce him to my reluctant roommate who didn't feel camera ready. 

Sometimes it's tough to cross the ocean of distance between two places I love so much. But thank God for skype, blogspots, cameras on laptops and the list goes on. 

And THANK YOU God( and others....you know who you are) who provided for me to get home this Christmas!  Thanks Lord. Really. 



No comments: