Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Babysitting Baxter

The Scofields escaped to Disneyland yesterday. Bravo for them! I'm Baxter's babysitter. The Scofield dog does tricks! He can sit, lie down, roll over and shake! I give him doggie treats. He's actually a really good pup even though all he wants to do is play, lick your face and chew your shoes.

Because he was outside all day yesterday I thought I'd spend the night with him since he's used to four kids playing with him, jumping on him or just being around in the busy world that is Scofield. Well, it was a good idea but can I just say I'm not used to having a bed buddy? All he wanted to do was lick my face until I finally had to yell at him. I don't think I finally rolled over and slept until around 1:30 am.

This morning I took him to the doggie park at Sparks Marina. I went with Noel a few weeks ago and I remember how excited he got before we drove up to the Sparks Marina. I love to watch him hang out with his doggie buddies! So hilarious.

Can I just say that I wasn't walking the dog? The dog was walking me. I heard that the Sparks Marina is 2 miles around. Is that true? That would be a perfect run and I know that Baxter is up for it! I'm sure we'll have stories before the Scofields return on Friday.

No comments: