Thursday, August 2, 2007

Triathlon Training Continues


So training continues but at a slow pace. I'm no going to jump into this thing "gun-ho" and then regret it or get an injury, atleast that's the plan. Earlier in the week I completed a 2 mile run. Just need to add another mile on it and I'll have the distance for the sprint triathlon, but again, I am trying to take it slow.

Swimming techniques are coming along too. I'm improving my breathing techniques and I'm now learning how to do a turn at the end of each lap. The only reason to learn this is to help with distance swimming. A half-mile swim in open water won't exactly provide a wall to spring forward from.

The biking part of training is just building a base for endurance I will need to develop over the next four months. A 14 mile bike ride. I'm not sure how far I bike now but somehow I need to find out.

Oh well, slow and steady is the name of my game and I enjoy having a goal. Although my goal at this point is to give myself 4-5 months for training. Not exactly sure where I will actually enter for the race, whether near home in Nevada or California or in Europe. I guess we will have to see what is being offered at that time. Excited to continue this journey though.

This cute clip art I found on another triathletes blog. Just beginning to find things online to help in this endeavor.

No comments: