Sunday, August 19, 2007

A few more weeks....



So as I'm waiting for the visa, I've already had some amazing times! Noel, Gina, Andre and I saw India Arie in concert in Tahoe Saturday night! Wow. India kept it real, rocked the house and wow!! I was really blessed.

Laughed so hard with the sissies and Andre. Thank you God for good family and friends! Nothing compares. When the concert ended, we met Anthony David who opened for Indie. He wanted to know if bears actually come into houses in Tahoe! Great guy! Funny.

Which brings me to the growing list of people I want to see before my return flight to Budapest. ahhh......thank God for family and friends...

Greg's ongoing house project is bringing me great joy because I get to pick and choose when and how I want to help him and he can't fire me! Ha! I don't think I've had this kind of time with Greg in a long while. So, bonding with the brother always takes place as we are doing something....and that's cool. Today it was painting the inside of his house and next weekend after he finishes a lil' more prep work, we will work on the outside. His house is going to look sharp! Fun times with my brother, his girlfriend, and the occasional friends who pop in to help.

Tomorrow starts a new week and I need to focus on a few things - Hungarian language and triathlon training. I feel like a major slacker with these things right now. When it comes to triathlon, I have to remember my motto is slow and steady. This week training was minimal and I ate crap food almost every day. So that wasn't exactly steady. Oh well. On Wednesday my little brother and I swam to the bouys and back at San Harbor. Wow. It's different swimming in open water and that's where I will be swimming when I do a triathlon......where and when, I don't know. Haven't actually signed up it yet but as I train for 4 months, I hope to be ready by the new year. Then we'll see what's out there. And when it comes to Hungarian language learning, I'm very thankful for my Hungarian friend here in Reno, Maryann who is keeping me accountable and thinking in Hungarian. We are going through flash cards and talking about the language. A few more weeks and then begins Fall in Hungary. Strange to think that summer is almost over. Wow.

No comments: