Sunday, August 5, 2007

Lake Tahoe's Beauty

Today I met a friend in Tahoe City and we hung out at Commons Beach. I'm always amazed that this beautiful bit of earth is where I was born. I could have been born anywhere in the world, but I was born here in beautiful Lake Tahoe.

I was waiting to use a public restroom when a guy with a really strong Texas accent said, "It's so beautiful here." I agreed and tried to figure out where he was from.

"Where are you from?" I asked.

"I'm from Texas and this is the first time I've been here. I'm a school teacher and I've taught about this place, but wow."

"Yeah, I said. It's pretty amazing, pretty beautiful."

Then my friend and I found a restaurant called "Sol y Lagos" "Sun and Water" which served small, expensive portions of somewhat Mexican food and other yummies. Not exactly sure how Mexican baby back ribs would be considered, but they were delicious nonetheless and the view was fabulous. Boats were docked outside the restaurant. I felt like I was in Southern California at The Cheesecake Factory in Redondo Beach. What a treat!

No comments: