Thursday, August 16, 2007

Power Tools

So I talked with the Hungarian Consulate's office and it looks like my visa won't arrive until the first part of September. I re-booked my flight to Budapest for September 5th.

I wanted to blog about power tools and why I can see men like them but first I have to say that....

Yesterday I had an amazing day at Lake Tahoe with some family and friends celebrating a birthday. It was fantastic. For all you Reno/Carson folks, please get out and enjoy this incredible bit of earth! Lake Tahoe is so captivating.

And then there are power tools....

Today I helped my brother around his house as he's getting it ready to sell. He had to cut and chisel through some concrete in his washer/dryer room to make his new washer/dryer fit. I held the suction on the shop vacuum so I could get the dust and rocks while he used his power tools to cut and chisel. And I can see why some guys really get into this stuff. It's cool to see something come together like this room.

After we finished his washer/dryer room, I spent the rest of the day helping do the "prep" work for an outside paint job on his house. There are cracks that had to be filled with this really gooey white stuff that gets all over your hands but helps to make a smoothe paint job. He's been working on the "prep" work for weeks. I thought I might help a brother out. We got a lot done, but he still has a lot more to do. I keep telling him that the finished product will be fabulous!

In the meantime, I had a small epiphany while working on my brother's house. In my life, God is a lot like my brother with His house. God can knock out a wall, chisel an area that needs adjustment, rearrange furniture, do whatever He wants to make it what He wants. I thought a lot about the chiseling process and how sometimes it's not fun but it must be done in order to fit new furniture or new things in old rooms.

I want God to bring His super power tools to my house and make it fabulous. I know there will always be areas in my life that need knocking out, chiseling or rearranging. Sometimes I have to remind myself that the finished product will be good especially when it hurts to wait, to trust, to look to God as the source of everything. The more I allow Him to renovate my life, the more glory will be given to Him in the end. I want that!

No comments: