Friday, October 26, 2007

Life is short and then we die. So live well.

I've found myself a bit emotional this week. I've been thinking about how this life is really short and there's so very much we have to be thankful for every single day. This past week I have realized that on a few different accounts.

When I heard the news that Tennyson died, I was shocked. I wasn't very close to Tennyson but I did get to know him over 7 years ago when we lived in Los Angeles at the same time together for six months. Also, a friend of mine dated him for awhile but they just couldn't seem to work it out, partly because of his bi-polar. Now she is engaged to someone else. This got me thinking about God's sovereignty and how He knows everything and in some ways this was the mercy of God for my friend. It still sucks to think I won't see him again here. And so I've been a bit emotional about it.

My brother is fighting the "witch" fires in San Diego. Seems appropriate as this week is Halloween. I called him through Skype, but he is such an "untouchable" that I didn't get a bad report. I worry when I hear that there have been some firefighters injured. It's his 30th birthday coming up and I'm going to miss it. Looks like HE might miss it too....atleast his party.

Then I think about being here in Budapest. What an incredible time God has opened up for me. I love these Eastern Europeans and I can see how God's hand is at work to move them to himself. I met with Nori tonight as we are talking about building her foundations and wow. It's so exciting to see the hand of God on her life. I LOVE it.

I don't want to have any regrets. I'm trusting that God is going to make my life fruitful and full of life. I'm trusting that His promises are true. When He says that if you leave all to follow Him, He will give you 100 fold back of all you've left -- I'm trusting that this is true. When you truly stop and think about this life it is really really short --maybe 80 years. Then we die. But the question is how do we live? or how then shall we live?

I want to live well, laugh often and love much. This is my life motto.

1 comment:

TimmyMac said...

"live well, laugh often, love much"

That has been my desire for a long time, yet I still have far to go . .

However, I have been learning recently that life is truly a reality to experience and not a problem to be solved . . . and this blog is another confirmation the God is trying to teach me something . . .