Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Rocky Mountains....

I just arrived back from Krakow tonight with a variety of news on a myriad of topics. South Africa won the Rugby Cup. I could have predicted that. I don't know why...just had a feeling. The Red Sox are going to the World Series. I predicted that too. Although I will say that I did have to hold my breath and hope for the best over the weekend. Boston is going on to play Colorado.........Colorado. Why Colorado?

This brings me to the tragic news. A guy friend I knew from Colorado was found on Friday with a note on his body "I can't take it anymore." Tennyson had struggled with bi-polar all his life and had been on medication for it. He was tired of taking the medicine and so he stopped. Some of his friends said for about a week after he got off the medicine he seemed great but then it turned for the worst (which it always does when you're bi-polar).

I don't know how these things work. I would love to study the human body and how all these things work together. I really believe God has mercy on people with mental illness. Yet I'm still pondering this thing...talked to a friend in the states who knew him well....it is still so very hard to see someone as bright and loving make a decision that ultimately affects so many other people around them.

For me I think the moral of the story both with Tennyson and Red Sox is this.....It doesn't matter how dark it may get. Just wait awhile. The sun will shine tomorrow! Things can change in an instant. Even when it's really dark....it's usually because dark clouds are hiding the sun.

But I do pray for Tennyson's family and friends, that God would hold onto them and lead them through this tough time.

No comments: