Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Quick Tri Update

After two weeks of being "off" in tri-training -
first week - the Texas team here; extra commitments in the mornings and evenings so no time
second week - went to Krakow and was a chicken - didn't want to venture into Polish communities not having a map and not knowing what I was doing
- I am beginning to get back in the groove this past week and it's been great. I LOVE staying fit. I want to be the old woman in her 70s still taking water aerobics classes or something.

Anyways, my new friend Nona is an amazing resource of information and random tips for tri-training. I'm so glad I found her on a blog and emailed her. She's been amazing!

Today she really challenged me in swimming. We completed a 1/2 mile swim by doing the number of laps (give or take because of the size of the pool). We raced on a few laps, which was great fun and we tied. Granted, she is out of shape compared to her height in triathlon competition so it doesn't really say a lot for my ability at this moment in time, but I hope to follow her on the upswing of her recovery and get in on the benefits of all she's learned over the years.

We also biked it a bit this morning. I still need to get a bike and her husband is going to help me build it out.

So I have three goals at the moment:
1) continue in the groove of tri-training
2) learn Hungarian
3) follow up with all the students we met a few weeks ago and see some great things happen!

1 comment:

Layne Eiler said...

Way to go girl! Keep it up. I'm feeling inspired already :) Thanks for leaving the welcome invitation on my page. I would love to come and visit you when I have some money saved up. Please let me know what's new and how the Hungarian is coming along.