Sunday, October 28, 2007

Show off!!!

My roommate, Anna, is a total show off. Yes, I'm jealous. The girl has only been in Hungary since August and she speaks more Hungarian than me.
I have been taking lessons since I arrived in August 2006. Yep. Pretty much that is just NOT right. Show off!!

She made up this song in Hungarian that I can't get out of my head. It's actually quite catchy and funny. But the funniest thing is that I like to sing it wrong and she corrects me!!! I can't believe it. What a show off!!


I'm laughing as I write this because the girl is crazy. She's sort of from Texas and Florida. That explains a lot. And she has these cowboy boots that she just cut up and is going to make them into a denim skirt. Crazy, creative, and a total show off! She makes me laugh like crazy! I'm so thankful that we are roommates right now......The girl is a show off!!

This week is Fall break for most high school and university students. Guess what my roommate is doing? She's going to live in a village with a family that our friend Peter knows so she can learn the language better and be surrounded by Hungarians. Show off!!! I'm just jealous because I wish I would have thought of the idea first. But she really has the determination to learn this language. It's impressive.

The funny thing is we have been joking because one day this past week when I was marveling at her decision to go to this unknown village she said in Hungarian, "One day YOU TOO can go to the village...." I laughed so hard because she said it with these funny eyes....It reminded me of the kool-aid guy in the states who was kind of crazy and killed himself with a bunch of other people using Kool-aid........My roommate could have said something like "One day Jen, you too can drink kool-aid."

She's killin' me. I don't know. I guess you have to be here to understand that I'm so proud of her, challenged by her.......and yeah. She's a show off!!

No comments: