Monday, September 24, 2007

Funny things....

I find it odd that on the corner of my street there is a very cute European style fitness gym. Less than a half a block away and I'm inside the doors of the fitness club. So, of course I walk over there dressed for a workout. But to my dismay, the lady says that I must bring different workout shoes because basically she doesn't want my shoes which have been dirtied by the streets to be in her gym. This is Budapest. I guess I understand because the streets are nasty. But really. Are you kidding me? You've got to be kidding.

The other funny thing I'm thinking of right now is all about plastic bags. You have to ask for a plastic bag for your stuff after you shop in some stores AND in some of them, you even have to PAY for the bag....Like maybe the equivalent of 10 cents. The point is, when you shop it's not a given that you'll get a bag.

Hows that for cultural differences.

Funny.

And sometimes my brain just hurts.

1 comment:

No(dot dot)el said...

wow, jen these are the things that make your summers so nice i bet, that and a great family :)