Sunday, September 30, 2007

My Genius Brother.


OK, even though I've been living in Eastern Europe for a year, I still can't figure out the afternoon time schedule unless it's 13:00 hour...That's my favorite one because it's one hour after 12 noon. But let's say I read something or we print an invitation and it says Thursday in Hungarian and then 18:00. I end up counting from 13:00 hour (usually on my fingers) because I know this one so well - - 1 pm - - to get the time of the event.... 1300, 1400, 1500, 1600, 1700, 1800.....Ok...6pm. Make sense?

Well, last night while talking with my brother on the phone he said, "Jen..just minus 2 from whatever number you have, look at the number on the right and that's the time."

So for example, if the hour is 23:00 - 2 it is 11 pm at night. Whoa!!! So great. You'd think I hit the lottery.

My Genius brother who is just now finishing the paint job we started back in August. He's been out fighting fires but using military time every day so he's quite familiar with counting two hours back to find his time......

My genius brother. And now I don't have to waste countless seconds trying to figure out the time here in Hungary....Thank you Greg....It was mental torment, really!

4 comments:

Paula said...

Jen,
I just wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a thoughtful comment.

I'm 31 year old, and I've been happily married for going on 13 years. My hubby and I knew each other in high school, but since he was 3 years older than me and the "king" of the campus, I considered him beyond my reach. But I waited...and prayed...and cried...and waited... and prayed...and cried. One day, God showed him His plan for us. The rest, as they say, is history. :)

Keep praying, keep waiting, and don't settle by listening to the world's philosophy. God's ways aren't our ways, and only by following His plan for our lives will we find true contentment and peace.

Blessings,
Mrs. C

Jen in Budapest said...

thanks....following His plan does lead to ultimate contentment and peace. thanks so much for commenting.

Jen

shontell said...

see how helpful your brother is?! Mine just used to get really close to my ear and whisper, "Shontell, you are in a coma right now. Please wake up, we love you. Why won't you come back to us? You only think I am sitting next to you in our house right now, but you are in a coma in the hospital. Please, wake up for mom." Funny, but not really helpful lol!!

Jen in Budapest said...

Awe, Shontell....did you believe him? That's the worst when you believe the crazier things they tell ya. I think Gina might have a few stories like that on Greg...