Thursday, September 6, 2007

Re-entry part two

Last night's departure from Reno was tough. I actually got really choked up while checking in my luggage. It didn't help that my nieces and nephews were yelling out "Don't go!" and to each other saying, "Hold on to her arms so she can't go...." which they did for a minute. But I hate to be the one they cry over....not that I'm anyone special but their little minds don't understand all of it.

I don't know if it will help or not but I told them every time they get mad that I'm gone they should pray that God will bring Hungarians to know him so I can come home sooner. I will spend today in the NYC airport. My flight for Budapest leaves tonight. Benefits of this long layover? Free wifi is great, so I'm getting caught up on emails and writing blogs like this. But that doesn't take too long. So with the hours left, I will change my clothes, people watch (prime people watching opportunities here in the big apple) and take time to reflect, read, pray, and consider what God will do this coming year.

Re-entry is just hours away.

Since I now realize I am not a minimalist and my luggage was super heavy, it was probably a good thing I was emotional because the lady said, "I'm not going to charge you for two heavy bags, just one." I guess tears do work sometimes. That wasn't my intention for sure. But I guess this summer I just really had such great times with family and friends that it has been the toughest for me this time to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love you, safe travels. i believe you are departing soon and so i will one last time conviently call you. you should call me , I WILL be up when you hit land so please call.