Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Music that brings you to Him

There are times when the lyrics to a song completely captures the essence of your heart at that moment. This past Saturday I went to the Hillsong United concert in Budapest and worked the product table. At one point during the concert, the table was really dead and there were a few girls watching the products, so I went inside....just in time to hear Brooke Fraser singing "Lead me to the cross."

The lyrics alone are enough to bring you to your knees. It's quite devotional and inspirational.....with the epiphany line....lead me to the cross....to your heart....Hmmm. His heart....More of Him, so much less of me.

Apparently this CD has been out since the beginning of the year so for all of you who have heard this song over and over again, bear with me. This was the first time I heard it. And it's led me on a journey to find more of her music. Apparently, she has a few CD's released on Itunes Australia. My mind, my heart and all of who I am have been encouraged and inspired by the lyrics of Brooke.

Life and death are in the power of words. Lyric words are my favorite kind. Thank God for a melody, a harmony and all the other notes in between mixed with words that speak life. I love it. I put a few of her videos on this site. Enjoy.

this first one is off the Hillsong United, "All of the Above" CD.





these next two are from her CD only available, I guess in Australia called "Albertine". Both good....But the second one is powerful to me...a reminder that when God expands our world, we have a responsibility to be His voice...



No comments: