Thursday, September 20, 2007



This is not my personality. I'm much more the fast and all over the place type, zipping around the world and back with a few "hoorahs" to spare. But I want to learn something of this nature and embrace the great attitude of the turtle.

It all goes back to childhood and those children's books. Tortoise and the Hare. Who made it to the finish line? I don't think it was that bouncy bunny. Nope. If I remember correctly it was not.

What a great motto for life too. Instead of jumping into everything, why not take it all slow and be a steady force in the earth?

I know some people have to be motivated by a little fire under the buttox but that is not my problem. It's much more difficult (particularly after a few cups of great coffee in the morning) to sit still for a minute. I have to make myself do it, but I've learned and I'm still learning.

When it comes to triathlon training, this has been a very encouraging motto for me. All of this is very new for me so I'm taking it slow and just trying to be consistent. I still can't find a race to shoot for yet, either here in Europe or the West Coast. But I'm keeping my eyes peeled straight ahead....training slow and steady....slow and steady....

3 comments:

Colin P. Fagan said...

Hey Jen!

Great to hear from you, and thank you for your responses on my blog. I am glad to hear you are doing well. I like the message of this blog....just enjoy life. I know for myself, and others it is hard to just "have fun". We constantly strive toward a social issue, or ideas to change the world, and all the while we miss so much of the goodness that god has created.
In a world where "fast" is what we want , it is refreshing to be reminded, we need to slow down, and just enjoy life. Great to hear from you, and I hope you are having an amazing time in Hungary. Talk to you soon.

Best....

Colin

shontell said...

You inspired me. i am not nearly as enthusiactic (or in shape) as you, but I went online after following your little link over there and generated a training regimine for the next 8 weeks. Actually, i started last week, but then i went out of town and got lazy. My big feat is less adventurous than a triathalon; by the end of the 8 weeks I will be able to run two miles in 30 minutes. Anyone who has seen me run or do anything enduring will know what an amazing accomplishment this will be for me. Feel free to hold me accountable by asking how it is going. I need all the peer pressure I can get.

Jen in Budapest said...

Colin, seems I have to be constantly reminded to take it slow.

Wow Shonti! Thats all I gotta say about that.