Monday, September 29, 2008

Coldplay in Budapest

A few months ago, I started making plans to see Coldplay in concert with some of the Hungarian students. About a month ago we went to the ticketing offices and there were no standing tickets left. I didn't care and I was more than willing to get a seated/assigned ticket but none of the students wanted it so they were going to check on iwiw (the Hungarian affiliate to facebook) and see if they could locate some extra tickets. It never happened and I figured since Coldplay was going to be here the week that the Texas team was here that maybe it just wasn't meant to happen and I'd have to catch them another time.

Well, Tuesday night, at the last minute, a handful of the Texas team really wanted to go see Coldplay. We finished the evening, were grabbing a bite to eat and then some people started talking about it. Of course I was all over that! But the question was whether we could get tickets. We were 10 minutes away by metro and the concert had started a half hour earlier. Seven of us took the chance and went for it. Here's a quick video shot and some great pictures! I LOVE the picture of Ali, Nathan and Andrew after we got tickets and were running to get in. I tried to upload a quick video from the camera, but it wasn't happenin'. You probably would have got sick by all the moving around I did in the first minute anyway. :D









2 comments:

akshaye said...

Wow.. Thats amazing! I tried to catch them here in Atlanta a few weeks back. Too expensive to touch - I think the cheapest seats were like a $130!

Jen in Budapest said...

Yeah, it was pretty much really awesome. :D