Monday, September 22, 2008

It's 6:41 am

and I'm contemplating a quick run. I've got running earmuffs on, doubled up on the pants and I'm wearing a few layers. This would officially be my first run in the cold since I didn't make it out yesterday.

Had a great time with the Texas team. They are such a great mix of people and ages. I love having teams that are not just college aged. This is a good mix with a few couples too and they are great. We went to an italian restaurant last night called "Viapanos" where they have this really cool card they give you when you first walk in and that's your pay card. Then, they have three lines, one for pizzas, one for pasta and one for salads/antipasta dishes. Everything is fresh - all the pasta is made right there that day. You can see it happening. Same with pizzas. I want to open a few of these in the states. i really think it would do well. The tables are wooden blocks and in the middle of the table are small plants with baisley, parsley and other spices that you can pick off the tree and add to your food. They grow the mini-plants in the back of the restaurant in a greenhouse. It's soo cool.

Today is going to be a lot of fun. We're actually going to get out on the streets and meet people, do surveys, talk to students on campus and in some of the city center squares. Tyler Dodds is going to play his kickin' music and a few of us are going to share our stories of how we came to Christ -- on a loud speaker. Can't believe I'm actually doing it but I'm excited about it.

It's so good to have Jodi and Emery and Andrew and Ali back. They are such great people and I love getting to hear their stories of life, how they met their spouses, how they became Christians, etc, etc. The Texas team rocks. They are from the town that George Bush grew up in (Midland, TX) and apparently, his house where he grew up is a tourist attraction now.

I'm out the door for another eventful but fun day.

2 comments:

akshaye said...

Sounds like a fun bunch to work with. Have a great weekend! (And dont work too hard)

Jen in Budapest said...

thanks...I think recovery will come on Monday - a day "off" sort of...:s