Saturday, September 13, 2008

House guests

This morning I said good-bye to Nona, my two week house guest who taught me everything there is to know about being a vegetarian, although this is something I could never do. I love meat too much. But, I did learn to cool lentils, and they are mighty tasty, I must say. As she left me this morning at 6:30 am, I told her i would carry on the tradition of healthy eating. I really do hope to do that. It was great to learn and watch her in the kitchen all the time. As we were leaving she said, "I'll miss you" to which I replied, "No you won't. You'll just miss my kitchen." I can see how rock stars kick their booties into shape. If you had a personal trainer aka personal chef aka personal Nona, you'd be doing just fine. Nona's the one who taught me some other things about Sprint Tris and bicycles. I still have a lot to learn. Wish her well and pray for her as she jumps back into the world of all things hard core in NYC. That lifestyle is DEFINITELY not appealing to me anymore. I once thought I wanted to live in New York. Now that Nona has informed me as an insider, no thanks.

--------------

My next house guest arrives in a little over two hours. Just enough time to clean up Nona's mess and get on with living. (If you're reading this Nona, don't kill me but you left a mess, especially in the juicer!!)

Liz is a girl from Carson City where I grew up. She's actually my little sisters age and went to school at St. Theresa's with her. I don't know her well at all but she asked to stay here and I feel so thankful and fortunate to have the place I do that it's no problem to give up my couch now and again. Although I must say I haven't had any "couchsurfers" I've definitely had a wide open door to friends and acquaintances recently.

Liz leaves on the 18th but promises to be self-entertained which is a good thing because this week will be busy. Then I have two days to rest before the Texas team arrives. That's going to be a week of non-stop awesomeness in Budapest.

I do love this city and the people. I wish I spoke the language more fluently but that will never happen. I've given up hope and lessons.

2 comments:

No(dot dot)el said...

This is a total sidenote from your blog but I found your believe rock button in pieces of flair on facebook. I sent it to you but then you probably already have one and maybe that's where you got it from. Dunno.
Either way, back to the topic at hand- House guests-hmmm....I have four of them at the moment and they are really very messy!!

Jen in Budapest said...

Your house guests are permanent, right? ARe you talking about your kids?? :D