Tuesday, September 16, 2008

just peachy

Having lived overseas in Budapest for 2 years now, there are a number of words I've discovered along the way that mean things that are quite ironic. Other words sound terrible in Hungarian because the English counterpart is aweful.

This morning I learned that Barack means peach. Is Barack Obama a peach? I'm thinkin' NOT. The most frustrating story I recently heard and read about was when Obama wouldn't wear a pin with the American flag. That wasn't frustrating but his comments were something like "We show our patriotism with real actions, not by wearing a pin." Fine enough. Then, when he had the opportunity to visit troops, he opted instead to go where the press would follow which was him working out since they weren't going to film him with the troops. I find that ironic and not too peachy if you know what I mean.

1 comment:

akshaye said...

yep.. thats part of my general disillusion with all things political. Not sure any of these people are worthy or able.