Saturday, September 27, 2008

The week

It's been great to be in the city of Budapest with the Texas team. We've met so many interesting people and I truly believe that some of them are going to be around for awhile. I think one of my highlights was Tyler playing at Erzebet Ter where tons of kids- and street kids hang out. We were giving away free pepsis and waters and doing a survey. It was a lot of fun to engage with people and just enjoy the music in the background. We were going to try and set up Guitar Hero the last afternoon but I guess they were having technical difficulties. I had a chance to connect with some university girls and we had some great conversations. One girl lives in London and I'm going to try and connect her with another Hungarian girl I know there when I go to London next month.

It's interesting to me how universal music is and how it opens so many doors in life. We had a lot of fun with Tyler playing in a few pubs and a cafe and at one point we were the vagabonds because after Tyler played at one pub, the next band that followed had a cover charge so our group decided to walk the streets for a place to eat. We had some university students hanging out with us and I was amazed that after walking for 15 minutes, we still had a crowd. Finally, we settled on this pizza place and by that time only a few students remained, but we had a great time and some good relationships were created.

If you get a chance you can check out his music on my space (Tyler Dodds) and if you like it, download from itunes.

Have a great week!

No comments: