Friday, September 5, 2008

Tonight

Tonight after teaching English to Lilli, I met Anna (aka village girl) in Ujipest and we tried to find a place to eat dinner. Other than the dirty gyro stand on the side of the street, things were looking pretty slim. Finally we asked a lady in a mini-mart and she recommended this place a few blocks away called the Old Fisherman in Hungarian. It was actually delicious food -- buttery potatoes and breaded fish. Something about village girl -- I always find myself laughing when I'm with her. This girl has pretty much mastered the Hungarian language, and is now talking about taking Russian and Italian while she's here in Budapest. Who is she? She's trying to rope me in as well, but I'm not convinced at this point in my life that I want to start studying a language I will probably never use, although Italian is sort of romantic and would at least be in step with my Italian roots.

Tomorrow morning I'm running the Breakfast Run on Margaret Island. Although I'm a bit disappointed in my lack of preparation for the half marathon I was planning to run on Sunday, I'm excited about the 5k. I actually roped a few others in with me. It will be nice to get out to Margaret Island again before the weather gets really bad.

1 comment:

No(dot dot)el said...

So how did the run go? Did you make good time?