Monday, September 15, 2008

Hungarians try Mexican food

So after our high school events today, I made my way with laptop in hand to Arribas where there's free wireless and I can enjoy a bit of semi-American (albiet Mexican-American) culture while getting things done. It beats going home and getting distracted with the things I need to get done there especially when I had emails and posters and administrative details to catch up on this afternoon.

I'm such a people watcher and today it brought such a huge grin to my face as I watched an older Hungarian family make their way into Arribas. Two daughters (probably in their late 20's) were obviously treating their parents (in their early 60's) to a night of Mexican food. The girls introduced their parents to everything, including large horchata milks, the chips and salsa and the burritos. As they awkwardly looked at and ate the Mexican food, I heard "finom" "finom". This means "delicious." They were engrossed in the food and it was adorable.

Adorable.

Hungarian meets Mexican.

Arribaaaa!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is that Arribas a good Mexican restaurant? All Hungarian I know are running to Iguana all the time. I would like to try Arriba.
Cheers