Tuesday, October 14, 2008

London

I'm not exactly sure what to expect while I'm in London but I'm excited about it. I'm not terribly excited about the tube, though.

The first part of the week, there will be Christian teams from all over Europe that gather for a time of encouragement, reflection, perhaps a bit of direction. Recently, a pastor in Europe who was battling cancer passed away. I'm sure this will be something we atleast acknowledge, if not bring into focus. Then over the weekend, we will have tons of students and campus leaders from all over Europe gathering together. I'm excited to see old friends and meet new people.

I'm bringing my running shoes but I'll have to feel it out. Not exactly sure what the neighborhoods will be like or where I'll be staying. This time, I decided not to stay outside the city with my friends who offered to stay in their home. I want to be closer to our venues and I'm just not ready to be on the tube that much every day.

In addition to the conference, I'm hoping to see a few places I have yet to see in London that are historical. Honestly though my highlights will be seeing Inta, a girl from Latvia I met two years ago at a Straight Up Beautiful conference and Luca whose Hungarian and moved over in the Fall to be a nanny.

I doubt I'll have much internet access but that's actually quite a nice thought.

Have a great week!

2 comments:

No(dot dot)el said...

you will be missed on here, say hello to big ben.

akshaye said...

Jen..have a great trip.