Friday, November 30, 2007

Gloria Jean's Coffee House

If a coffee house could feel like your livingroom or some other part of your home, it would be Gloria Jean's Coffee House at Hero's Square. One of my favorite rooms to come and write is wallpapered in large, antique looking black and white flowered wallpaper. Comfortable striped chairs are in each corner near a plug. These have been my favorite spots to plop down with mini-round coffee tables where you can set your books and laptop and write away!

Lest you think I come here all the time, I have to say that the last time I was here was over a month ago. I only frequent the place when our internet at home goes out and I'm desperate for world wide connection.

This evening as I entered the coffee house from the very cold weather, I noticed an incredibly beautifully decorated tree with fake presents under it. The place is festive and I feel like I'm in America. Of Course, the original Gloria Jeans opened as a small coffee shop in Chicago but has now spread to over 26 nations. I recently discovered that they are a major sponsor for Mercy Ministries, an organization that helps women with eating disorders. I think that's pretty cool!!

Well, I was shocked as I walked in from out of the cold to a beautifully decorated coffee house AND I was greeted in English with a very friendly, "Jen!"

I actually said, "Huh?...What did you say?"

And they repeated it. "Jen. How are you Jen. Good to see you Jen." Not only did Csoba and Richard remembered my name, but I haven't been here in ages. I was absolutely taken off guard and just felt so loved. Isn't that funny? I'm loved and known at Gloria Jeans. I belong. My world is complete.

But seriously, in Eastern Europe customer service isn't quite what I'd call consistently good. Not that it's always bad either. It's just you never know what to expect. But I can expect the best here at Gloria Jeans. It's a little pricey - ok, a lot pricey - paying over $6 for a coffee and a semi-chocolate muffin, but hey. I'm not asking for the world. Just a little love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my name is dimitra and i am from greece. before 10 days i wan in budapest and i had a great time. i want to hosok tere and in gloria jeans cafe three times.
i still remember the tall boy with the blue eyes and blond hair. he asked my name and painted in my coffe a heart with the first letter of my name...it was vary kind and awesome. we had a small conversation but then i left.......
if you see this post please contact with me...it will be great if we keep in contact!!!!!!

my email is
mitsakion@gmail.com

if anyone knows something please tell me!!!

i only want to talk with hik