Wednesday, November 28, 2007

We see with our eyes. God looks at the heart.

Funny isn't it that we see other people, our life circumstances, etc, etc, only with our natural eyes.

Yet, in David's case, God saw the heart of a young boy and his potential.

What's going on in my heart? It doesn't matter what my life looks like on the outside. It's all about the heart. That's good news really because I'm not living surface level Christianity, but God goes for the juggler. He's going after what really counts. A heart set apart. He aligns us to Himself when He looks at our heart. He's not satisfied with mental assent in anything.

I'm finding my faith challenged in a few areas and the biggest challenge is not to look with the natural eyes but to see things from His perspective - from His heart.

Thankful for the journey.

1 comment:

No(dot dot)el said...

i love you. you are amazing, and i am honored truly to have you as a flesh and blood sister. keep on keeping on.