Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Oh, it's no longer there....

This hasn't been the first time that a shop or a place I needed to go to here in Budapest that was once open and thriving is now shut down completely, or being renovated or has moved with little or no notice.

I guess this is where I realize I am a creature of habit.

I like to wake up with coffee, creamer and honey in the morning. It's part of the routine. I like to have time to read in the morning and focus.

I like to know that certain things are not going to change. For example, for convenience when I need to make copies and I go to the copy shop just before english conversation group. So, when the only copy shop you know of closes down and moves away....and you can't read the signs of where they moved....it kind of pushes some frustration buttons.....Found out later it moved just down the street. Found that out after I went to another place where I was hoping to find a copy machine. Got there and the copy machine was broken. OK, no big deal really. Isn't life about flexibility?

I like adventure. I like the unknown and the surprise of changes....atleast I assent to it in my mind. Then, I have to meet a girl at a McDonalds that is in a thriving area but come to find out all the lights are out and reconstruction under way. It looked fine to me before. So in the cold Budapest weather we are looking for another non-smokey area to meet.

It's actually really funny when you think about it! One time within about a week a small shop around the corner from my house just "appeared." Then another one a few blocks away suddenly shut down. When I first arrived, the internet cafe I was going to shut down unexpectantly and quickly became a shoe store......

So yeah. Life is like a box of chocolates in Budapest....You never know what you're going to get and sometimes it's just no longer there!!

No comments: