Friday, November 23, 2007

Shut in and renewed

Yesterday I woke up feeling miserable. I don't think it had to do with eating thanksgiving turkey twice (once at the Bullocks and once for a special Thanksgiving event we hosted for Hungarians) although I'm sure the slices of pumpkin pie, apple pie and pecan pie didn't help.

Yesterday I stayed inside my flat all day long, except for once when I ran to the store to get water and milk. I sat in bed and read, organized papers, thought about lots of things. I think it was time to get caught up in my body, heart and mind, if that makes sense. A day of rest was desperately needed.

"Faith is an energetic art."

I came across this quote. This morning I have the desire to re-engage in my faith. The strength and faith it takes for living in our world can't be underestimated. Sometimes we just need to sit and think, rest and pray and then engage our faith in the real world. So, that's where I'm going today. After going with Gabor to this school, I will meet with Ezster, Peter's sister who is interested to hear more of my testimony. I told her a little at Nori's baptism last weekend and she was curious. Our team has been believing and praying for Peter's sister.

I'm thankful for God's presence.
I'm thankful for His purpose in our life.
I'm so thankful for a new day to practice the energetic art of faith and believing.

No comments: