Monday, November 19, 2007

A Thankful Heart!


I have found myself all over the place these days. Thankful, frustrated, full of joy, fearful, ready to persevere and lay hold of all that is ahead knowing that I can't throw in the towel now and yet coming to moments where it sure is tempting. Yet there's no where else to go. I really wouldn't want to go anywhere else anyways. As Peter told Jesus, "Who else holds the words of life?" No, not one other does.

It's time to get up from under emotional waves of uncertainty and realize that God is at work.

How can I maintain a thankful and joyful heart? In my natural temperament, I think I definitely live on this side of being thankful and joyful. But outside of temperament, when life throws you curve balls and things are unclear, how do you walk not after the flesh but after the spirit - thankful, joyful? I've been asking myself and others how to maintain this. Cultivation. Incubation. Saying NO to stagnation. Oh, Lord. I want a thankful heart this Thanksgiving!!!

No comments: