Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Life in the Pest Today

Some of the staff went to lunch at a place that was supposed to be "Mexican" food today. Umm, no. That's all I have to say about that....no it was not. OK, actually I have more to say about it. One of our team members said this was the recommended Mexican spot by a Hungarian restaurant reviewer. This reviewer has definitely never had authentic Mexican. Oh well. I still had a great time.

A few days ago, I pulled out the thicker jacket and I definitely needed it today. After staff meeting, the temperature had dropped atleast 10 degrees and it was freezing! I realized that Lake Balaton is going to be even colder. For three days in that cold weather I will need a second layer if I plan to run. So I packed it tonight. I was informed that I'll have to get up super early if I want to run because basically, we will be busy from 8 am until 11 pm at night at this "Let's Talk" English Intensive with Hungarians. It should be interesting to say the least.

I still have neck pain so I haven't been in the water since last week. I'm sort of bummed about that but what can you do? Bike and run, which is what I've been doing. Swimming is the least strenuous in some ways but when your neck hurts and you have to breathe on both sides, it's kind of impossible.

I sent out an invitation to about 15 girls for a movie night and I've been getting emails/text msgs from girls today and most of them have been confirming for this Saturday. So far, 9 (or 10?) are coming. Nori is going to help me shop for snacky food. We are going to have a great time! These girls have only come around to English Clubs so I'm hoping they will see something different as we hang out and that it will be a segway to life and faith.

I met with Nori tonight for over three hours! Wow, that girl is at such a great place. I LOVE being around people who are just coming into the faith walk and are hungry for God's truth. She's such a sponge. She wants to know it all. It's so exciting to walk with her through the basics of faith - the foundations of faith in Christ. Hmmm, I love it. She wants to get water baptized and so we are talking about doing that this month! I love being with new believers because I'm reminded of what God has done in my heart. God surely has done a lot.

I'm excited to have several days away from internet access at Lake Balaton. I'm sure I'll be on people overload after the week ends but I'm curious about meeting professional Hungarians who want to increase their english speaking skills. Life in the Pest - I guess it's never "boring."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen,
I love reading your thoughts and have been praying whenever prompted about your visa. It's so exciting to stay connected to what's happening in Budapest. Very excited for Nori as well - please keep me posted on her Baptism! AND good luck with your tri-training! Keep up the good work, I'm tri-ing vicariously through you! Blessings, Jody Hill