Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving Pictures

Addison and Lisa hosted the Thanksgiving party at their house. Addison is technically savvy and posted the pictures from Thanksgiving. Here's the link for pictures.

http://gallery.mac.com/atweedy#100043

They ordered two beautiful birds from this guy (you have to special order Turkey) and you can see them in the photos. Most of the Hungarians liked all the traditional American Thanksgiving food but yams seemed to be least popular.

It was exciting to see 9 girls from English conversation there. Trusting it's going to just build on great things from here. Attila, who has been coming to church for two months (I think mainly to be around Americans....He is determined to get to America, though I'm hopeful there will be more....) even sang the National Anthem on our glorious night.

I think he asked every one of us to join him until he finally convinced Peter to help him out.
He was a little disappointed when he asked me if we sing the National Anthem every Thanksgiving and I had to break it to him that actually we never sing it on Thanksgiving. It's more a football game tradition.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen,
I went to look at the Thanksgiving pictures and they took my breath away! You must have all been so blessed to celebrate with so many new Hungarian friends!! I recognized Attilla, David, Jotzi, and Gabor all from my first conversation group. I'm so very thankful I got to come to Budapest and take part in your wonderful ministry!! Singing the National Anthem on Thanksgiving . . . great concept! Keep up the good work, Jody

Jen in Budapest said...

Yeah, you had a lot to do with what you see there....Thanks Jody. It's been great getting to know you. ;0)