Sunday, August 31, 2008

Fall cleaning

Today after church I came back to my flat and had an overwhelming desire to clean my room, straighten things, throw things away, and ultimately rearrange the room. Call it Fall cleaning but I had to jump on it while I had the urge to clean so thoroughly. I still have some papers to sort through and figure out what I want to keep and what I need to get rid of.

I found out there is a bookstore here in Budapest called 'Dans Tree Huggers' that buys used English books and then resells them. I need some extra cashola and need to downsize in all areas so sometime this week I hope to take a load of books and unload. Excited about that!

The nights are getting cooler and I figured now is a good time to move the bed back up into the loft and give myself a little room at the bottom. So, I rearranged my room and things so that I now have a workout area in my room.

Nona (New Yorker friend who married a Hungarian) is staying with me and has taken the living room, which is fine for me right now. I enjoy the company and told her she can stay here until she sorts things out in Budapest with her husband (long story) or until the Texas team comes September 20th. If you think of Nona, please pray for her.
Nona is a vegetarian, which I think is really interesting. I've always loved meat and hearty food so I doubt I could ever be a vegetarian but I'm curious to learn about eating more foods that are healthy and natural. She made these delicious soups and other things with lentils and rice and I'm just fascinated.

My room feels great now and I feel so organized as I head into a busy Fall schedule. It's nice to get organized.

2 comments:

No(dot dot)el said...

Get ready for the migration home already?

Matty C. said...

Cleaning grooves are awesome. I get into them frequently. It's actually the way I relax. My favorite is the dishes. I love them. For some reason, I don't have to think of anything but getting the grime off the plates and bowls, etc... I think that's what relaxes me. I don't have to think about life.