Sunday, August 31, 2008

Labor Day

Although somewhat celebrated as the end of the summer and a day off for all workers, it's funny to me that this holiday is called "Labor Day" when no one works. Well, it's not celebrated here in Hungary so I celebrate with you from a distance, imagining the BBQ's and family gatherings no doubt taking place. Enjoy your day off, the end of summer there in the states.

I've got a busy day of meetings. Can't I protest and say I'm an American? Oh well. Hungarians have enough other holidays to make up for it.

3 comments:

No(dot dot)el said...

how did you know you missed mo's bbq marinated steaks? sorry, that wasn't nice to bring that up, a feast before the famished. soon you will be here celebrating all our holidays again and this on labor day will be a distant memory.
february seems as though it is getting closer and closer every minute.

Jen in Budapest said...

what are you doin' up so late? Oh yeah, tomorrows Labor Day :D

Unknown said...

Since school starts for me tomorrow I was diligently working today to try and prepare. I think Labor Day has more of a literal meaning for me :)