Monday, August 18, 2008

Tennis ball massage & other musings

I went for a long run on Saturday -- a long run for me. I broke the 7 mile mark and I'm working my way up to be ready for the 1/2 marathon in September. I know I need to get new shoes but it's a dilemma of being in a foreign country. Trying to get a fitted pair is nearly impossible. I'd prefer to wait until I'm stateside and really invest in a good pair versus just buying a pair that may not necessarily be fitted. So, I guess I have to use the old shoes until February. Not too terribly happy about that, but it is what it is.

After the run I had some pain near the hip reflexors and hip bones. My friend Lisa said the best thing for it is to get a tennis ball and massage the area. Last night I went to Tesco and got a thing of cheap tennis balls. Wow! Can I just say she was right? This morning it feels great and I'm ready to get out there again today for a 4.5 mile run.
----------------------
We begin our new schedule of programs and plans for the Fall next week. I'm excited to get back into a busier schedule. Otherwise life becomes too ordinary and I just get bored. I need the challenge of the next thing. I'm also hoping to finish this online course I've been taking for personal training. The material is interesting on a personal level and I'm toying with the idea of taking it further in the future, perhaps getting certified for it. We shall see.
----------------------
Personal thoughts the last few days.

1 Chronicles 28:9 "if you seek Him He will be found."

I am looking for God to direct my steps. I'm looking for him not only in my personal life and decisions when it comes to direction, purpose and future but I'm seeking Him to order all my relationships.

One thing I was absolutely encouraged by -- not only through this youth camp but also in some conversations I've had with a male friend recently -- purity is possible in this day and age and its not something to be concerned about just when you're single. It's something to live by when you're married too. In my conversations with this single guy, I have realized that men are not just out for one thing. Men have feelings/emotions, thoughts, dreams and ideals for the future. I know that may sound really strange, but I have been honestly very disappointed by what I've seen in the men here in Hungary. And when I say very disappointed I mean that my soul has really been grieved to see how the men treat women here. But somehow hope has been restored in the male gender as I've talked with this guy. I am convinced and I know that there are men who are faithful, loyal and committed to their wives for a lifetime. I'm holding out for that. There are men who once they fall in love with their wife, they are going to love her until the end. Divorce will never be an option for me and so I want to marry once and make the right choice. I will choose wisely and I'll choose well. No mistakes. :D So, I'm seeking God in all of this and He will be found. I will find God in the midst of my decisions, my life, my future and ultimately my family.

It's a tough thing being single in this world today. I'm not a game player and I want the real deal. So I've had a fun and wonderful single life. That's not the point. I know I can do that forever if I had too. The reality is I don't want to do that forever. I'd like to purposefully meet, get to know and build a life with someone who is going in the same direction, is filled with purpose too. Hasn't happened yet but I'm not terribly worried about it. I know it will when the time is right.

1 comment:

No(dot dot)el said...

All in good time sister friend. It will happen. I am glad this gentleman restored your faith in the men there. Funny how we know something but if we don't see it with our own eyes it just doesn't seem real. Glad you met a real , genuine, Christ seeking Hungarian male to restore that for ya.