Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Soxers...

Now that the Olympics are over, I've reset my internet open page to the Bo Sox team page. I have to be honest. I'm much more into the team because it's a family thing and because I love baseball in general but if someone were to start asking me about players and stats and rattle off other things, I get lost. I find it really funny that most men who do follow baseball know the stats. My dad does on a lot of things, even the history of it all. For me, I'm much more "Go Bo Sox!"
---------------
This morning I was relatively encouraged as I woke up and read a few things and contemplated the future. As much as I live in the here and now, I'm also a dreamer and a big picture person. It's just how this soul rolls. I guess I'm encouraged to know that God truly does hold my life in His hands and directs my steps, even when unclear.
------------
Have you ever had a friend who helps you get those gut wrenching laughs out? That would be Anna. You can see who she is in the previous post but the girl is hilarious even when she's not trying to be. I guess what makes it a great friendship is the fact that she thinks I'm just as funny. I like it when people like me.
---------------
I realized something about my personality over the past several months and I don't think it's something I need to completely change although I do need to learn and change somewhat on how to handle conflicts better. I don't like conflict. I will brush things under the rug to avoid arguments. Now that I read all about ENFJ's it makes sense. It makes a lot of sense as to why I hated so often the conversations that would start great and go deep with my dad and then turn into conflict. I don't like conflict. I like peace. I get personally affected by it deeply. Well, I read somewhere in the bible that the peacemakers inherit the earth so its a good quality in some way, I believe. But in an intimate relationship, there are conflicts so I will definitely need to grow in how to resolve conflict in a good way. Conflict sucks. I hate them but they are also a part of life. People cross your will. People make you mad and you have to handle it in a way that brings life. So, I'm working on that. In the meantime, I think I realized that I want to be in a relationship with someone who also has a high appreciation for peace. I don't want to have a lot of conflict in that most intimate of relationships.
---------------
Tonight I'm going out to meet "village girl" Anna and we're going to chill at her house, watch a few movies and work while we do it. She's got lesson plans and I've got admin stuff I've been avoiding. She's become a good friend. Thankful for her company.

2 comments:

No(dot dot)el said...

i love conflicts- thrive off of them!! seriously i will make stuff up so i can fight about it. hee hee hee:)
you know the truth, we come by our peace making gene naturally. remember we lived with pollyanna aka ellen :)
love you jen, you know who you reminded me of when talking about anna, greta. she can make a girl laugh. miss her.
miss you too. hope you have a great weekend and GO BO SOX!!

Jen in Budapest said...

Yeah, right. She's funnier than Greta. Seriously.Miss you. Love you.