Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Swissy


I think to have an animal besides a fish you sort of have to have an established life somewhere. If you're going to have a dog you should be prepared to walk it and care for it like a child. Well, I'm not there in my life right now as I'm obviously galavanting around Europe. Not really, but you know what I mean.

I have decided in the past that I really like Retrievers and Labs. I just added a dog to that list. He's called the "Swissy". Someday, I hope to have a big dog. It would obviously have to be child friendly because I also hope to have children and as I've researched the Swissy, apparently they are very loyal dogs and good with children. :D



I absolutely love the colors of the Swissy. It's called a Greater Swiss Mountain Dog and I'm loving it. Dorca's parents had this dog and she was awesome! The cool thing is as I read about it the last few days I found out that ancestrally this dog is linked to the St. Bernard. I always loved St. Bernards but realized I could never get one because of the nasty drool factor. But Swissys are drool free so this is a very positive thing. Who knows but I do hope someday that I'm established enough to have a dog. A big dog. My philosophy on dogs: Go big or go home :D

1 comment:

Anne said...

I've never seen this breed. It's beautiful.