Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Last Few Days

A few days ago we had a going away party for Luca who leaves tomorrow for London for six months where she will be a nanny and make a lot of money.I met a bunch of her friends and it was just nice to hang out in my flat and not actually have to be the one entertaining everyone. Luca brought a hockey table game and we played that and talked and listened to music.



























































We had fun playing around with Annas guitar. One guy was really good especially since he apparently has only been playing for two weeks. They asked me to play and I played the one song I know by Jennifer Knapp -- such basic chords but fun. One cool thing is that it looks like Coldplay is going to be in concert in September and some of Luca's friends want to go to that together and invited me. I'm excited about that.




































------------
So yesterday was my birthday and although I missed all 18 calls from family and friends in the states, I did get a chance to celebrate here in Budapest. First, Nori called in the morning to see if I wanted to go to the "Venice" Lake that is about 45 minutes from here. What a treat! I've been landlocked for so long. We had a great time playing in the water although it's nothing like Lake Tahoe's beautiful mountain spring (and cold) water in the summer.



That night I went to my pastor and his family's house for dinner. They made me Lasagna, fresh salad and garlic bread and a birthday cake! We had so much fun and afterwards I finally got to see the movie "Cars". Love this family and I'm so thankful for them in my life. Tonight I'm finally going to go see the newest Batman movie with my friend Lisa. I keep hearing its dark but good. So I'll be adding my opinions to this matter soon. In the meantime, I have two long runs I have to get in this weekend and I really just don't feel like it. But, I'm about 3 weeks from the 1/2 marathon and I have to stay on track. Looking forward to getting through the 1/2 and seeing how I do.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy late birthday! Looks like you had a great day. Enjoy that upcoming ColdPlay concert. I'm jealous! :)

No(dot dot)el said...

Glad to hear you had a good time on your birthday. I was thinking about you all day and night. I missed you bunches. Love all the pics. Looks like you had fun. Muah, birthday kisses from me to you.

Jen in Budapest said...

Thanks guys. It was fabulous. Love you sis. and miss you too.