Friday, August 22, 2008

A Renaissance Festival

So I leave this afternoon for a weekend near Sombathely in another part of Hungary. I'll stay with one of the university girls and we'll go to a Renaissance festival. She just emailed this morning saying that we will stay in her parents summer home where her dad has a vineyard and we get to taste their wine. What an incredible one time experience to go to a Hungarian vineyard. So cool! I'm looking forward to it. I'll post pictures soon.

-------

Anna just got back from the states and we spent St. Stephen's Day celebrating together. This holiday celebrates the day that Stephen became the first King of Hungary and made it a "christian" nation around 1000 a.d. There are events throughout the nation to celebrate and across the street from my flat in the city park they had all sorts of events, including a wine tasting festival. We ended up perfectly situated in Hero's Square in the evening when the fireworks went off. We couldn't have planned it better if we tried! We had a lot of fun and great conversations. Here's a few pictures of our time Aug 20th.









2 comments:

No(dot dot)el said...

Pretty pics Jen. What a fun trip to the vineyards of Hungary. Lucky!! Man, you got it rough over there.

Jen in Budapest said...

I know. I know.