Thursday, August 14, 2008

Weightlifter turns elbow

You may or may not have seen how 24 year old Janos Baranyai's first Olympic try for Hungary in the weightlifting event ended tragically. You can read the story here. That's the second Olympian this year in Hungary that something terrible has happened to. I'm not aware of other athletes from other nations but I'm probably more aware of Hungary because I'm here at the moment. So very painful not only for this man but for the Hungarian people who truly believe they are a laughing stock to the world. It's not like that though. Most of us are cheerleaders and we want to see this nation do well. Atleast I know I do.

1 comment:

No(dot dot)el said...

I didn't see it but that really is a bummer. Funny how you wouldn't have even taken a second look at this a few years ago but not everything is different.