Thursday, August 28, 2008

My babysitting job is over :(


When Anna went to the states, I told her I would babysit her lonesome guitar.

It's been a great few months with her...such a good lil' girl. Such a low-maintenance job really. Now, unfortunately, her mama wants her back.

I have to admit though. The only song I re-learned is by Crystal Lewis called "Only Fools." It's an all time favorite of mine. Maybe because of the lyrics.

only fools follow gold
only wise men know
i’m no fool,
you’ve changed my point of view

to be kind is quality
that i richly desire
it is better
to be poor than a liar

i no longer see
things controlling me
you have spoken,
i have listened
only fools believe in
only what they see
the wise are rich indeed

what a friend we have in Jesus
he hears all our cries
if you listen, you’ll hear him crying too...

i no longer see
things controlling me
you have spoken,
i have listened
only fools believe in
only what they see
the wise are rich indeed

Over good Mexican food in Budapest earlier tonight, Anna and I talked about some good times we've had together. Hmmmm. Village girl. One of a kind!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A good guitar can be like a dear old friend. I feel your pain.

No(dot dot)el said...

Love the pics Jen- soon youwill be home and have access to your own guitar.

No(dot dot)el said...

okay someone is singing over your coldplay song. what the heck is that?? emma's what like who's singing. it's coldplay and then somebody else singing over him , wierd. way to scare me first thing in the morning.

Jen in Budapest said...

That's actually funny. Yeah, when I donwloaded it I didn't realize it until later then I thought it was so funny, I just kept it on there.

I miss you sis. I may try and skype you tonight which would be your afternoon so try and be on free skype, k? Love you. JEN