Friday, May 2, 2008

Beautiful Day....


It's a beautiful day in Budapest. The sun is out and the clouds are gone. This morning, I met Luca and her friend Anna at Margaret Island for a run. Our running time wasn't the best but the important thing for Luca was that she finished running the entire island without having to stop and walk. Her friend Anna got ahead of us at first and later lagged behind, finishing after us. We ran 3.36 miles in 33:16. Obviously not the fastest pace, but it was steady. Although this run was not included in my training plan, I'm always glad to run with other people. I also had a leisurely bike ride over to the island, which ended up being a total of 38:52 minutes round-trip and a distance of 5.42 miles. It was a city ride, so I was dodging people where the bike paths aren't clear. I'm lovin' this Garmin watch for tracking though!

Luca is moving to London for six months. She's really excited about it - and I am too, but part of me is sad. She will be a nanny, much like what Nori did last Fall for six months. While she's there, she's enrolled in an English language course, so she's really happy about that. I'm happy for her too and this opportunity she has to expand herself -- her life, her experience and her use of the English language. She was excited that I know people who live in London and can connect her with students and staff in the Every Nation London church. I'm praying for great things ahead for Luca. :D

Yesterday and today were public holidays in Hungary so the city is bustling to a family friendly, leisurely atmosphere. And the sun is out(cooperating quite nicely, I must say), so everyone just looks chipper. :D Now that sounded British!! The city park was absolutely packed yesterday but I loved seeing families together. There was a carnival in town. (I hate carnivals -- they just remind me of dirty, slimy, gross Mills Park experiences in the states) but somehow, it was nice to see families getting a balloon or riding the rides as I strolled through the park. I hope this weather keeps up for the weekend!

Nori's Bridal Shower will be at my flat tomorrow and I'm excited about that. I'm off to Ikea to get Nori's gift and then do some shopping for the party. This is the first of many celebrations for her and Peter. Anyways, she likes banana bread, so I'm making her a banana bread cake....I think everyone is at home today for the holiday, so hopefully I wont have to fight the crowds.


Have a great weekend everyone.

2 comments:

No(dot dot)el said...

Give big hugs to Nori and Peter from me. So excited for them both and happy for them. Too cute they are.

Jen in Budapest said...

I will give them big hugs. We're going to have her bachelorette party here too. :d Can't wait.

Jen