Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Nori's Shower...









Nori's bridal shower was a blast. I think I've become a pro at throwing parties and getting lots of people together. I love doing it, that's for sure and I think it will be a part of my life forever. I'm a gatherer....I love to connect people, gather people together and see what happens. It's a lot of fun for me as I think I'm uber-social.

Nori was so incredibly thankful and encouraged by all the gifts people got her. She was so surprised that people actually got everything on her Ikea list. Someone made the comment that her list wasn't long enough. She was shocked! She thought for sure she was being greedy. I explained to her that in the states, people like to know what to shop for and they like options -- thus, the comment of not having a long enough list.

Anyhow.....Luca, Anna and Flora had a really good time and enjoyed learning about this American tradition too. Hungarians just don't throw bridal showers for their brides but all of them agreed that it's a great idea! Of course it is. Lots of love and gifts and prayers and words of encouragement. Who doesn't want that before diving into the unknown of marriage. In Nori's words, the Hungarian tradition is just get really drunk at a bachelorette party and that's it. Sounds boring to me! It's much more exciting to be with friends who are going to speak life over you and your future and enjoy the moment---and get lots of gifts while you're at it :D.

Well, we're going to have a bachelorette party for Nori at my flat the night before the wedding. Everyone will sleep here but it's not our style to get smashed. Although we will probably share a bottle of wine, watch girly movies, talk, whatever Nori wants to do, it's so much more about the excitement of their future. My brother's girlfriend will also be here visiting from Reno so it should be an interesting experience for her too.

Until the next party at this flat (which I think will be a girls movie night coming up after finals end in May).....here's to sharing traditions :D

4 comments:

akshaye said...

Fun stuff.. you are quite the hostess! and is that three babies I count in that picture?? Thats entertainment enough.. just watching three kids!

Meg said...

Looks like you threw a great party!

No(dot dot)el said...

sorry i missed it jen. tell nori congrats from the other sista. tell her i would have been the one that would buy something that might embarass her. she's too cute how she blushes over everything.

Jen in Budapest said...

Akshaye & Meg - I love getting people together for any occasion!

Noel - don't worry. I'm gonna get her something fun for her bachelorette party! D