Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Never give up

"Never give up for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn."
Harriet Beacher Stowe

Discouragement is like taking a sharp needle and popping your courage bubble. Lots of things in life come along to try and do that. Sometimes the biggest struggle is to get perspective on the situation to get your courage back.

Because of my nieces, I've had the chance to hear the next generation's music. :D This weekend Emma turns 10 years old! Happy Birthday Emma!! I can hardly believe it. Her generations super star is Miley Ray Cyras aka Hannah Montana. I recently downloaded one of her songs called "Nobody's Perfect"

"Nobody's perfect
I gotta work it
again and again
till I get it right
Nobody's perfect
you live and you learn it....
Next time you feel like it's just one of those days
and you just can't seem to win
If things don't turn out the way you planned
figure something else out
Don't say down."


Sometimes in life we just need to wait for the tide to turn.....don't say down.

4 comments:

akshaye said...

Goes to show you - that inspiration can be found in the unlikliest of places :D

Yellowgiraffe said...

thanks for that reminder.
somehow it's like a God-send when i am feeling discouraged and tired. i guess part of me is resentful that my triathlon dream is kinda put on hold now that i am swamped with work. i will hang in there. thanks, jen!
p.s. i enjoy reading your blog!

Anonymous said...

Good read...life is like a tide...

TimmyMac said...

Thanks for this Jen . . . Great timing for moi . . .