Friday, May 9, 2008

Weekend musings....

My body was just feelin' crappy this morning and I really don't need to do any more workouts this week, so I stayed under covers and I'm calling today a rest day. I may try and get a run in tomorrow though as I want to increase my running to prepare for upcoming races....

Last night I had a great conversation with my sister. I'm so proud of her and my (almost 10 year old!!) niece for completing the 1/2 marathon walk. Way to go guys!!
I got the update on all the kids, home improvement projects, and life in general in earthquake ridden Nevada. Small earthquakes affecting half of the city but nothing too dangerous, from what I hear. So strange. :D

I also had a great conversation with my good friend Lara who recently moved to Lithuania. It looks like she's going to come and stay with me for a few months! I couldn't be more thrilled. She's finishing her book and as her visa challenges are still getting worked out, it may work for her to come here. I'm SOO excited for that and hoping it happens!
-------------------
Although it's Saturday, I'm off to all day meetings today at Jeff and Ana's house. Yes, I've actually been excited about extra meetings. (Did I just SAY that???) Our guest who is with us is awesome! As an older man in his 70's he's walked through the challenges of life and has so much to impart. John has started Christian works in Australia and Malaysia and traveled the world while being married and raising 5 boys. Awesome! It can be done and I want to follow in his footsteps!!

Today we actually have a time when words of encouragement and wisdom will be given for each one of us as staff members. There's a lot of transition on our team at the moment -- Nori's getting married to Peter the end of the month, Andre and Melanie are heading back to Sacramento the end of the month, Matt and Christy will no doubt start a work in France by next year --- and the rest of us are all in a holding pattern. What does the future hold? Only God knows and He often chooses to use the spiritual gift of words of wisdom and encouragement/knowledge through people like our guest, John, today. I'm excited about that!
---------------
After staff meeting, Nori and I are going to a flower shop near my house to see if they have the flowers she needs for her wedding. It would be very convenient and easy for us if this flower shop has what she wants. To be able to have a flower shop so close the morning of the wedding would be really nice since everyone will be staying at my house the night before.
---------------
Tonight I've been invited to Csaba and Aniko's house for dinner. Can't wait to see their flat, meet their black cocker spaniel "strawberry", a dog with a bright red tongue, and just hang out with my Hungarian friends. They don't mind that I'm a Christian and we've had some great conversations.

Got to go catch the tram and the bus to get out to the countryside of Budapest.

Have a great weekend all....

3 comments:

shontell said...

You are cool. I love how you end with "gotta go catch the tram." I love it. Also, where do I get one of those cool countdown guys for my blog?

akshaye said...

I heard about the earthquakes too.. its very strange since they have been getting so many lately in Nevada.

Enjoy your weekend!

Jen in Budapest said...

Shontell - I went to pyzam and there are all kinds of widgets. Just look for custom countdown....I'm sure there are other sites too. This is the one I found first.
http://www.pyzam.com/toys/view/customcountdown

Akshaye - yep, it is strange. My sister said only half of Reno is feeling it. Random.