Saturday, March 8, 2008

the bike ride that will have to happen in April or May

We started out ready for anything!

But last weekend when Nona and I attempted to bike ride to Szentendre it became the bike ride that will have to happen in the Spring. You can see by this tree being taken out why it didn't happen. There were actually quite a few trees knocked down in the park across from my house when I went running a few days later. It was a pretty brutal wind storm.

But here's Nona, rolling up her pant legs when we were sopping wet, tail between our legs and coming back to her place for soup.

Yep, I was pretty much absolutely soaked through and through.

Getting dry never felt so great. And hot soup was absolutely the best thing ever.

5 comments:

jessica rae kirkwood said...

Hey Jen!
Thanks for visiting my blog!
I got that poem from kalani, this 'retreat' on the East side of this island. Really beautiful place, and that poem was just posted on their website.
Are you in budapest now?
And how did you get your playlist to play when you log on to your blog? That is neat.
Peace,
Jessica

kerri said...

Hey Jen in Budapest,

I always wondred who was Jen in Budapest and why you were there..NOW, after reading quite a few blog entries I finally know. So where are you planning to race?

Good for you for sportin' it out in the rain. Somtimes it can be fun or can be misery.

Cheers

akshaye said...

That looks like some storm. I am glad you turned back.

Nothing like soup to get warm. I always associate that with skiing in my mind! I guess thats when I get the coldest. You know what else is good.. a steamy cup of tea. I am a big coffee fan for everything else, but when I am cold, I want a hot cup of tea (not the bags - the real deal).

No(dot dot)el said...

love the pic jen- you are too cute!! i won't tell mom you were out riding in the rain, silly girl.

Jen in Budapest said...

Jessica - yes, I'm living in Budapest now. If you go to Project Playlist that's where I got it. It can be complicated to explain but hopefully you'll figure it out :D

Kerri - My race is set for this July in London. Timex Tri.

Akshaye - there's a great tea place here. Never was into tea but here in Budapest I like the real tea I found here and the real Mexican food just discovered too!