Thursday, March 13, 2008

Quick post - Biff and sort of recovering # 2 of 2008

In all this running around Budapest with our team of eight from Florida, we've got some heavy bags with drinks and snacks provided for our english clubs. So we transport this around the city. Yesterday, we gave away free pepsis at the high school and the club house was packed out at lunch. So much fun -- big hit....hopefully I can blog more on that later...but here's what I wanted to post about.

A new Mexican restaurant just opened near Oktogon and we decided to take our high school team there when we finished at 4:30 pm. Sorry Akshaye, but this food was AWESOME! Only two other places exist in the city and I've tried them both. They are wanna be Mexican food. This place is great!

As we were leaving the place, I was going to go with two of the girls from Florida back to my flat to drop off the extra drinks and then we were going to run to the next english club at 6 pm. So, with a heavy bag in one hand filled with teaching materials, my purse etc, I also had on a dolly, a stack of drinks and we were splitting up from the guys so I just needed to get it from Arriba to my flat. Well, it was raining outside and since I had the dolly I thought I'd go down the small silver ramp instead of using steps.......One of the girls said she thought I planned to slide down the ramp. She didn't know what I was doing.....which was biffing it....

Well, if you can imagine that I biffed it sliding down the silver ramp with bag and dolly. I tried to do a tomb raider move or something afterwards to recover. Not so much but I just had to laugh and keep going.

Needless to say, my arm and my hip are really out of whack this morning! I'm doing simple things like sweeping my house for tonights group of girls and I'm like "Ouch!" No time to think about it now but come Saturday I need to have a plan for recovering. Anyone know what to do for strained shoulder area and hip reflexors?

5 comments:

akshaye said...

I love Mexican food... I am glad there is an authentic one in Budapest!

That biff sounds quite spectacular. I am sorry you hurt yourself though. Here's some stretches for the hip flexors:
http://muscleventures.com/video/2006/10/hip_flexor_stretch.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7yrIfPIePI

Stop biffing or I'll have to have you set up a Biff counter for the week/month/year like those mile counters other bloggers have :D

No(dot dot)el said...

Ouch, Jen- me thinks you need to just slow down a bit. you crazy woman you just get so excited to have so many friends around that you forget to walk instead of run. i love you. hope and pray you are feeling better.
meanwhile back at the ranch i am using duct tape (per andre and david's suggestion) on my planter wart. i think it's working!!

No(dot dot)el said...

oh yeah, this is for you today
2 Corinthians 9:8

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about the biff. I hope you heal up quickly.

Jen in Budapest said...

http://www.thestretchinghandbook.com/archives/rotator-cuff-injury.php


This seems to have good info on shoulder recovery. Although I didn't catch it in the first little bit, I'm icing it now and will go to heat and massage next.