Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Non-stop

So, since the team arrived on Saturday it's been non-stop with activity. Early mornings, long days and long nights, but all of it is good. I will definitely have earned my few days off the following week with my sister.

As far as training for tri -- it was thrown out the window shortly after they arrived. I haven't been near a pool, a bike or soft pavement since and I doubt I will before Saturday rolls around.

One thing that I have been fighting off is catching a "flu bug" that a few of the guys brought back from the states when they arrived last week. Monday night is when it started with strange stomach rumblings and just feeling really tired. Then yesterday when I was on the metro to meet the team at 7:00 am, I broke out in a sweat and felt like I was going to hurl...I just kept praying, "God. Give this body strength to fight off this thing!" I was praying over myself and for my body not to fail me. I literally don't have time to be sick. When the team came together we prayed again and I have been feeling great all day yesterday! I slept great last night and woke up to a sweet call from my friend in Texas who is also thinking about our friend, Lara, who just moved to Lithuania and we haven't heard from her yet. I'm sure we will any day now.

I will probably blog more about this in the future, but if you ever have a chance to work on a team for projects together like this one I highly recommend it. It can be very stretching but also one of the most life-giving things to experience. When the Bible talks about each believer being a part of the body -- like a hand, foot, eye, etc and how you have to work together, I find that it's most clearly seen in these moments. I LOVE watching people rise up and use the gifts and talents they have in this setting. Yesterday, one of the girls with me rose to the occasion -- she saw the need and took the lead -- We had an extra class to organize and she volunteered even before we found out to be a part of more of the activities. Amazing!

Well, I'm off to meet the team. We had a later start this morning so that was beautiful...a little more time. If you think of it, please keep the rest of the week in your prayers for my health and for the teams health as well as for Thursday night- we are going to have an English conversation group at my flat talking about pop-culture's view on beauty and what God has to say about the way He created us. Should be interesting -- a handful of girls have already said they'd like to come and we are meeting students at the university and inviting them too.

Here's to the rest of a non-stop week....Hope everyone who is training is doing great! Wish I were out there with you, but for now...alas.

2 comments:

Cliff said...

Jen,

I like to hear more about your experience in a team like this.

akshaye said...

Jen... I am glad the team is having such a great trip. This is the flu season here. I really hope you stay healthy and don't catch anything. Stay healthy and enjoy your week!