Sunday, March 2, 2008

Daim bar aka Skor bar



Tonight on my way to Ikea, I ran into Joci in a city of 2 million -- who went with me to pick up a clothes rack to dry my clothes (since they've been drying all over the flat -- off lights and bathroom towel racks and whatever I could find. Yes, it was time to invest), a cheap set of silverware, (since I don't really have a good set and I'm always entertaining) and a picture frame for Noemi (who found out I was making the trek to Ikea and asked if I'd pick it up for her and meet her in the morning with it.)

As I was checking out, Joci said, "I'm gonna go get us a couple of Daim bars. Be right back."

Sitting on the metro, I unwrap the candy asking, "What is it?"

"It's a chocolate bar with hardened caramel or something in it," Joci says.

I take my first bite.

It's a SKOR BAR!!! Wooo hoooo!!



This is like one of my favorite candy bars in the US....and here it is in Hungary as a Daim bar. I tried to explain to Joci how I eat it....skinning the chocolate off the top and then eating the toffee inside. Joci's not impressed.

Apparently, you can get the Daim bar only at Ikea. I'll definitely be grabbing a few of those next time I'm there.

This afternoon while watching Kinga's volleyball match, I was envious, and wanted to get out there and play! They lost but it was a close match and a lot of fun to try and yell the right things in Hungarian.....

2 comments:

akshaye said...

I love Daim.. one of my Swedish friends introduced me too it!

Jen in Budapest said...

yes, i will definitely be stocking up next time I go to Ikea.