Friday, March 7, 2008

Pasta Pesto,Greek Salad, MI, Insidetrack and early mornings

I love good food! Especially after working out. Two of the easiest and most favorite dishes that I actually enjoy atleast once a week (if not more) are pasta pesto and greek salad. All the fresh veggies (red bell peppers being my favorite) diced and thrown together with chunks of cheese and add those green olives. Vinegar and olive oil make the dressing. Oh it's so yum. I used to use feta cheese but the feta here falls apart into mushy chunks so I use other types of cheese. It's delicious. Fresh pasta and mix in a jar of pesto and some sour cream -- or just pesto plain is good too. Then, dice up some tomatoes and grate some cheese, and throw it on top and you are good to go! Delicious. You can add baked chicken chunks if you're looking for a meatier version of the pasta. I've also proportioned out the cheese over the pasta pesto and baked it in the oven for another delicious version of this meal.
-----------
I biked to Margaret Island this morning to meet Luca for a run. I really felt great on the bike and did a 50 minute ride. Our run wasn't as impressive, as Luca is just starting out with training but we had a good talk as we walked. I'd say it was only a 20 minute run with about 20 minutes walking too. She wants to keep training and I love to drag others along, so that's exciting. I'd love to get a whole group of us together training on Saturdays or something and call it the Budapest something...ha ha.
-----------
One of the development directors for an up and coming company called Insidetrack just contacted me again after not hearing from them for weeks. This company helps American university students stay in school and finish their degree. They want me to put them in touch with anyone there at the University of Nevada-Reno that I know. UNR is now an up and coming target for development in 2008 and 2009.

I heard about Insidetrack through a friend who knows the guy who started it. Anyways, I thought it would be an excellent program to start at UNR and so I contacted them about it, not really sure what would happen. I'm excited to hear back from them about this. You can check out their website. www.insidetrack.com. Now, I hope to connect them with the right people at UNR. That would be great to see something happen in Reno!

-----------
Zach and I talked today about our high school programs and schedule next week. I knew it was going to be early, but wow. Our team meets at 7 am each morning except Wednesday and Thursday. That means for me, travel time to our meeting place, I'm looking at 6:30 am. Gotta love those early mornings! Still not sure when those workouts will take place. I'm hoping to steal away in the late afternoons between our high school schedule and the university english clubs. That would be the best!

5 comments:

No(dot dot)el said...

hey jen- reno will be so lucky to have your expertise. that is very , very exciting news. this just makes my day. so will they be giving you a timeline or anything? things are coming together that just makes me so happy for you and for me.

Jen in Budapest said...

hey sis...it's still in the development stages. I'm trying to connect him with a few people and hopefully a program will come together by 2009. Cool huh? It's a great company and helpful for students.

Jen in Budapest said...

Hey Well Bell...yesterday Gina set up a Facebook! I was so surprised. Tanya helped her do it. I think you should come over to the dark side too....;D

akshaye said...

The UNR program sounds exciting - its always hard getting things started at a state school though! So I wish them luck.

6:30.. thats early. They start school at 7am? Poor kids!

No(dot dot)el said...

yeah, i can't do anymore internet programs right now. too much to do too lil time to do it in.